ic Test Blog: Laundry Room Reveal & Dining Room Update

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Laundry Room Reveal & Dining Room Update

Today, I am sharing a few photos of one of the rooms that was one of the reasons I fell in love with our new home.
Believe it or not, it's not one of my favorite rooms in general because, well,
it's the laundry room!  
No poems, songs or happy memories have ever been created in a laundry room have they?
So, you just know this laundry room has to be pretty darn special, right?
It is.
Kathe With An E - Laundry Room
Just look at the size of this side of it!
Kathe With An E - Laundry Room
All of that counter space!  And look...a deep sink with a sprayer right under a bright, sunlit window! The cabinet below the sink holds all of my cleaning supplies.
Kathe With An E - Laundry Room
And cabinets!  There are plenty of cabinets.  Enough, in fact, to hold all of my dinner plate collection, vases and candle sticks.  Enough drawers for a junk drawer, one to hold smaller candles and the rest for all of my flatware sets!
Down the road we will be installing upper cabinets so that I can move my other tablescaping dishes from the kitchen to this room so that they are all in one place.

Kathe With An E - Laundry Room
Then on the other side of the room, well there is the laundry side of the whole laundry room name.More upper cabinets to contain the products necessary to clean our clothes.  
Kathe With An E - Laundry Room
You may recognize the signs I had made when I re-did the laundry room at our last house. That room seems very very small now, doesn't it?  
I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this room!  So much so, I have begun dancing as I do laundry!  Eh, yeah still not doing that!  But trust me, I love this room!

Now on to the update in the dining room.
The curtains I had ordered from the Kirkland's website arrived this past weekend. I fell in love with them when I saw them on another blog 
(and I am so sorry, I thought I had saved it but now I can't find the link.  If you know of it, please let me know so I can give the blogger proper credit) 
and even moreso when I saw them online. (here's a Kirkland's coupon for you!) 
I had ordered 3 sets of 2 panels, 2 panels per window. When I ordered them I was only thinking of length not width.  Mr. B put up one set and my heart sank. 2 panels were not enough, at all!!  The windows are over 70 inches wide and the panels are only 40 inches each. Not enough with pleating etc. 
They, in my mind, looked stoopid!  So, so stoopid! 
I was close to tears when, Mr. B, that sweet wonderful, creative man, came up with the perfect solution!
Kathe With An E - Dining Room Update
Why not use 3 panels per window? 
When he added another panel and I saw the look I was almost in tears again!
For a different reason!
I loved this look even more than what I had envisioned in my mind!
Kathe With An E - Dining Room Update

Kathe With An E - Dining Room Update
The geometric pattern is so modern yet, traditional.
The rods and finials are from Ikea. 
Kathe With An E - Dining Room Curtains Drapes
The photos do not do them justice.  
The room feels so much warmer, cozier and welcoming. 
Take a look at the before and see if you don't agree!
Since I had ordered 3 sets of 2, we could only set up two windows but, I immediately went online and ordered 2 more sets so that all 3 windows will be done soon.
Again, the rocker and wood table will not be staying. 
The table in the corner covered with the green cloth does stay as that is Max's safe place.

We've only been in the new home four weeks and I am finally starting to feel at home. 
Next on my to-do list, get out the Fall decor bins and, start decorating! 
See you back here soon!

Follow my blog by email
Click here to see where I may be partying this week.
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.




No comments:

Post a Comment