ic Test Blog: Mantel Decor

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mantel Decor

Now that the holidays are over and all of the Christmas decor has been purged, repacked and put away, it was time to think about the mantel decor I wanted for the new house. I had gone pretty blingy with the Christmas decor on the mantel and wanted something fresh and light for the New Year.
Mantel Decor
My jumping off point was the new clock I got on a daily deal from Lowes after Black Friday.
I had been looking all over for a big clock in brown for a good (read: cheap) price and Lowes came through!  50% off so I got it for $24.99! Squeee!
Mantel Decor
And the best news?  Unlike the previous clock we had, 
Mantel Decor
when the house is quiet, you don't hear it TICK TOCK! That was one of Mr. B's biggest concerns...it had to be seen but not heard. Done!

Next up was figuring out what else I wanted on the mantel.  I went through all of my home decor bins and when I saw the two blue vases that were a gift from my mother-in-law I knew they would be perfect.
Mantel Decor
I then added the tall metal piece that I normally kept on the floor by the fireplace.  It was a Hobby Lobby deal from many years ago that I painted gold and dry brushed on some rusty brown.
Mantel Decor
It added just the right amount of height to the left side. 

The right side took me a bit longer to find the right pieces.  Just when I thought I liked it, I decided I didn't and had to go searching again. I think I finally got the look I was hoping for.
Mantel Decor
Two candle stands I got from Kirkland's awhile back and framed piece, again from Hobby Lobby clearance.
Mantel Decor
I love the sentiment and the colors are perfect!
Mantel Decor
And the finished mantel!
Mantel Decor
Simple and not over done.  
Mantel Decor
I think this is setting the trend for how I intend to decorate the rest of the house.  The KISS method. Keep It Simple Sugar!



Click here to see where I may be partying this week.
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesdays
for the link party.

No comments:

Post a Comment