ic Test Blog: Thrift Store & Estate Sale Finds

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Thrift Store & Estate Sale Finds

It's been a bit since I've hit some thrift stores and estate sales.  If you follow me on Facebook then you already know that this past week my mother-in-law and I took a road trip up to her favorite thrift store and that I took her to a nearby estate sale.  Today, I am sharing with you what I found!
I found the miniature Radio Flyer wagon at the thrift store. It was only $5 and so sweet.  I wasn't sure if I was going to get it out of the store as everyone that saw it in my arms wanted it too! I hung on tightly!  Then, when we went to the estate sale several days later, my mother-in-law spied this matching Radio Flyer scooter and knew I had to get it.  $4!  A steal in my book! One more Radio Flyer piece and I will officially become a collector, right?
You can see the scale of them in relation to the silver plate teapot.  Oh, the silver plate teapot!  That came from Goodwill! It was marked at $9.99 but it was 50% off so, $4.50!
This what it looked like when I bought it. Pretty tarnished for sure!  
I love the intricate details like the flower on the handle.


By placing it in with some tinfoil, baking soda and boiling water I was able to get most of the tarnish off.  
I then used some of this silver polish to finish the job.
I used the same cleaning method on these silver plated cream & sugars I got at the estate sale for $1 each!
Now, I have a beautiful, shiny, silver plate tea set.
I have always wanted a aluminum cake holder so when I saw this one at the estate sale I grabbed it. $2! I already have plans to strip the paint off.  I'll see how it looks without it and then decide if I want to repaint it.  I'm thinking maybe a sunny yellow?  What do you think?
Now, for my favorite find of the week! I left this teaser photo on my facebook page. Any guesses?
Those are bakelite handles on this 1930's Bersted toaster! I would have totally missed it if my mother-in-law hadn't spied it and showed it to me! It doesn't have a power cord but at $5 I grabbed it anyway! 
Love the art deco design of the handles! 
It is in really good shape and after my mother-in-law finished cleaning it up, it is beautiful!
I am now on the hunt for a cord as I really think it will actually toast bread!

So, there are my finds for the week!  I think I found some really unique and fun collectibles! Some may make it into a tablescape or vignette. How about you? Have you been out thrifting lately? Show me what you found in the comments below! 


Like what you see? 
Well then, follow me by email and never miss a new post
Click here to see where I may be partying this week. 
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.

No comments:

Post a Comment