ic Test Blog: My Garden

Sunday, June 1, 2014

My Garden

The weather has finally settled down and it was time to get on with my garden landscaping! 
Kathe With An E - Raised Bed Gardening
The previous homeowners had created this raised bed garden and, after much work on my part,you can read about it here,  I finally have some things planted in it.
Kathe With An E - Raised Bed Gardening
Normally, I grow my own tomatoes from seed but with this year I took the easy route and bought three plants.  A Better Boy, a Roma and a Beefmaster.
Kathe With An E - Raised Bed Gardening
In front of them I have planted cucumber seeds.  We are hoping to get enough to can up pickles again this year. 
Kathe With An E - Raised Bed Gardening
In front of and in between the plants I have some marigold flowers.  I am hoping they bring in the bees and help to pollinate once everything gets to that stage. I covered it all with fresh lawn clippings to help retain moisture and to keep the soil warm. The white fence will have to stay up for a bit.  Max LOVES to get in there and roll around in the dirt!  Silly pup!
Kathe With An E - Grandchildren Garden
My Grandchildren Garden is coming along.  I added some garden art for color and interest until the plants start coming up more. The container garden behind it now has a blueberry bush and some petunias.  
Kathe With An E - Grandchildren Garden
I also added a couple of the stars you may remember from my beautifying the wooden fence project post from our previous home.
Kathe With An E - Container Herb Garden
Speaking of container gardens, my herb container garden is also doing very well now that the sun is shining and the temps are in the 80's!

So far, I am pleased with my smaller gardening space.  I know my back sure loves it!  Stay tuned for more updates as I have been busy planting containers with flowers too!



Like what you see? 
Well then, follow me by email and never miss a new post
Click here to see where I may be partying this week. 
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for my link party.


No comments:

Post a Comment