ic Test Blog: Christmas Buffet - 2012

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Christmas Buffet - 2012

This year, for the Christmas holidays,
I resolved to take my time in setting
up our Christmas decor.

Instead of trying to get it all done
in a day, I spent two days.
Hey, it's a start right?

One of my first decorating tasks was the
top of the buffet in the dining room.
One of the first things to go up
is this Santa picture I purchased
several years ago from Kirkland's.

It's no secret that I L.O.V.E. Santa!
I have been known to shout "hello"
and wave to him at the mall.
Next, is the gilded reindeer
I purchased many years ago from the thrift store.
 I may change his bow out this year.
My other favorite items are these three
small old world Santas that were
a gift from Mr. B's mother.
She knows how much I love Santa!
Each one is slightly different, making
them unique and loved by me.
This one sits next to a small 
apothecary jar filled
with a few gold ornaments.
A small gold tree purchased from Pier 1
at the after Christmas sale last year
holds some small red ornaments...
except for one. 
It is Mr. B's take on hiding a pickle on the tree.
It makes me smile when I see it peeking out.
I don't remember where the 
gold mercury glass spires came from.
I'm sure it was an after Christmas sale
and I am sure I didn't pay much for them.
If you are a regular reader (you are right?)
you'll notice that I changed out the
lampshades for the season too.
The red is just perfect for the 
colors I am using in the dining room this year.
I am so happy I kept it simple this year!
Even though I have a gazillion bins
full of Christmas decor,
I realize don't have to put 
every.single.piece 
out on display.
It allows me to change the 
decor each year so that it is
always new to us.

I am soooo excited to let you know about
a holiday blog hop I am co-hosting with some
of my very favorite blog gals!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas everywhere you look!


We want to celebrate the season and share Christmas cheer and are hosting a four week Christmas link party! 

 Four blogs are joining together to share your holiday creations. 
Each week we will host a theme party to feature,
desserts & holiday food, 
ornaments & holiday decor, 
mantels & tablescapes,
and trees and wreaths. 
The host of each week will also share a fun project with you.
Life on Lakeshore Drive
Nov. 28th  Life on Lakeshore Drive will host ornaments & decor.
Dec. 5th    Kathe With An E (that's me!) will host mantels & tablescapes.
Dec. 12th  House Honeys will host trees & wreaths
Dec. 19th  One More Time Events will host desserts & holiday food
**There will also be a Grand Prize giveaway from 
for those who share at all 4 parties!**  
This pan retails for $64.99!

So, mark your calendars!
We want to see you at each party!

 Click here to see where I may be partying this week.
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for my link party.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment