ic Test Blog: Thanksgiving Table - 2012

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Table - 2012

One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving
is the time spent with family.
This year we will be hosting
Mr. B's mom & dad
for Thanksgiving dinner.

I love being able to 
set our dining room table
knowing that love and
good times will be shared at it.
Since I used a pretty busy
tablecloth, I decided to keep
the rest of the decor simple.
It will also be easy to remove 
to make room for our feast.

A thrift store cornucopia filled
with small faux pumpkins,
gourds and pinecones surrounded
by matching ceramic pumpkins
is all it needed.
 I alternated red and green plates
set upon an off white placemat.

 I then topped each dinner plate with 
an off white salad plate from 
our every day Gibson set
and then added a square purple Fall
bowl I purchased, on clearance last year,
from Michael's.
The amber goblets are from Goodwill and
the green stems are from the Dollar Tree.
The perfect color for the holiday!
The flatware was a gift from Mr. B.
I love the design!
It adds a touch of elegance to the otherwise
simple table.
 I can't recall where the brown napkins came from
but, I do know that the napkin rings
are from the clearance bin at Pier 1.
 Simple green and red votives
add just the right amount of sparkle
to the table.

I have also decorated the
buffet for the holiday
but, I will save that for another post.

This year I am
thankful for Mr. B. 
He is always there with a hug and a
shoulder.
Both of which I have needed this year.


I am also thankful for my sons, my new daughters,
and, of course, my new
 grandson! 
Getting to see them all
and give them hugs and kisses
just made my year! 

I really couldn't be more blessed! 


I always share my tables with 
and 
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life Table Top Tuesday

Click here to see where else I may be partying this week.
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for my link party.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment