ic Test Blog: Candlewick & Paisley

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Candlewick & Paisley

As you know,
I love my Candlewick,
as evidenced here, here, here, here and here.
Yeah, I am a tad fanatical about Candlewick.

My first pieces were given to me 
when my maternal grandmother
passed away nearly 
30 years ago.

30 years since I began
adding to my collection.
And in those 30 years
I have never once set
a full table using Candlewick.

Until now.


I purchased the Waverly purple paisley tablecloth
and matching napkins some
months ago at Burlington Coat Factory.
I paid $9.99 for the tablecloth and $2.38 
for the 4 pack of napkins!

  I layered a cream napkin with the paisley to break up the pattern a bit.
The napkin rings were a gift from Mr. B.
The black placemat also helps to break up all of the pattern.
They are a recent Burlington Coat Factory
purchase at only $1.99 each.
The purple chargers
were on sale at Michael's, $1.00 each.

The Candlewick dinner plates 
were my grandmother's and my most prized possession.
I am so happy I am finally using them!
I then layered salad plates from
our everyday Gibson set and a berry bowl and underplate
purchased at an estate sale.
The bubble goblets are a thrift store find for .25 each.
I think they suit the Candlewick nicely 
when paired with our everyday water goblets.
 You may remember the candles from this post.
The candlesticks are my "go tos"
and were a gift from my oldest son.
For the centerpiece I used 
silk hyacinths and
white trailing flowers from Michael's 
in a cream vase.
The vintage Rogers silverplate 
is from the same era as the Candlewick,
1940's-1950's



Now that I have set a table with 
my favorite dishes
I think I will keep them out for a bit
and use them for our
evening meals.
They are so special to me
and it's time to make
some special memories of our own with them.

*Don't forget, I am starting a link party on
You're Gonna Love It!

 Click here to see where I may be partying this week.
From My Front Porch To Yours 

No comments:

Post a Comment