ic Test Blog: Garden Party

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Garden Party

We enjoyed the most beautiful weekend!
Temperatures were in the mid 70's
and just a gentle breeze.

My favorite kind of weather to
be out working in the yard!
Mr. B has plans to move the shed
at some point so Saturday I
had to move my compost tumbler and bin
over about 15 feet to make room for it.
This meant emptying them both,
moving them and then refilling them.
Then, I decided to put down mulch on the front garden.
FYI, if any of you are Ford Focus owners,
 You can fit 8 2-cubic foot bags
of mulch in the trunk.
By the time I was done I was sweating
like a nun one spot away
from a full bingo card!

Poor Mr. B spent Saturday
with his head in a muddy hole
rebuilding the manifold valves
for the sprinkler system.
NOT his idea of fun for sure!

Come Sunday morning
we were both feeling our age!
I can only speak for myself but,
even my toenails ached!

We jointly decided to take it easy
on Sunday!

Taking it easy for me means
enjoying my other hobby.
Setting up a table.

In honor of my garden season starting I decided
compose a table as if my blogging besties,
Laura (Under the Suburban Sun), Jen (Four Marrs One Venus),
and Sheree (Detroit Mom and Her Views)
were joining me for a garden party brunch.

I dressed the table in a green checked tablecloth which
you may remember from my St. Patrick's Day table.
I used a round white placemat from the Dollar Tree
and layered on a green Dollar Tree dinner plate.
Each of the salad plates has a different
seed packet and flowers on it and are from Home Goods.


The flatware was a gift from Mr. B
Luck would have it, the napkin is almost the same color as the dinner plates.
I used a butterfly napkin ring purchased
on sale from Pier 1 several years ago.

 The little butterfly bowls were .99 from Michael's.
The adorable water can
salt and pepper shakers
are from Home Goods.
One of the very few times I have paid full price
for anything!
I HAD to have them!
For the centerpiece I placed my favorite
faux flowers into a galvanized
watering can from Ikea.
I placed glass butterflies and flowers
 candle holders are each side.
The candle holders were originally marked
$12.95 & $14.95 each at Pier 1.
I got them on clearance for
$4.95 each! Gotta watch for
Pier 1 clearance sales people!
I regularly use their Pier 1 To Go service and
pick up my items on my lunch break.

I didn't want my friends to leave without a memory of
our meal together so
I put together a take away gift for them.

I used bright pails from Target's dollar spot
and added a faux flower from Michael's,
a colorful garden tool from the dollar spot at Target
and a packet of flower seeds for them to plant
and, hopefully,  think of me when
the flowers bloom.



I hope my dear friends, whom I have never met in real life,
enjoyed sitting at my table.
I like to imagine they
have wonderful memories of laughter and
the stories that were told.
In my mind, they went home
and told their friends of
the fun garden party
at the home of
Kathe With An E.

*Don't forget to stop by my new link party
on Tuesday's
You're Gonna Love It!

I always share my tablescapes at
Cuisine Kathleen's Let's Dish Party  every Thursday!

 Click here to see where else I may be partying this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment