ic Test Blog: Easy Peasy Spring Wreath

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easy Peasy Spring Wreath

In this post from a few days ago
I shared with you 
our gardens 
in Spring.

Every day, when I leave to go to work
and come home,
I am greeted by the forsythia bush
at the end of the driveway.
The yellow flowers, this time of year,
are just so vibrant and cheerful!
It's makes me smile and glad to be home
after a long day at work and
sitting in traffic.
It became my inspiration for a 
new Spring wreath for the front door.

To be honest, I don't normally
put up a wreath on the door in the Spring.
I do put one up for
Christmas, Summer, Fall and Halloween
but not Spring.
Why not, you ask?
Because in the past,
birds seem to like to make a nest
in the Spring wreath!
We don't use the front door very much
as we enter through the garage
so they must find it a
safe place to
raise a family.

This year, after seeing all
of the pretty doors
on all the blogs,
festooned with
beautiful wreaths to
welcome the Spring season,
I decided to try again
and make a wreath to put on the door.
Fingers crossed!

I had the grapevine wreath already
and spent a tad over $5.00 
at Michael's
for two stems of silk forsythia, 
marked 50% off,
and two clip on butterflies
from the dollar section.
Oh and I had a 20% off my entire purchase coupon too
(but of course!)
 Some snipping and clipping.
 Some glue gun action 
and in less than 30 minutes
I had a kaaa-you-tah, to me,
wreath to greet guests at our front door!


Or, at the very least,  
it is a very nice place
for a family of
birds to 
start a new home!
I'll keep you posted! 


Click here to see where I may be partying this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment