ic Test Blog: Recipe - Cauliflower With Cheesy Dijon Sauce

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Recipe - Cauliflower With Cheesy Dijon Sauce

This recipe was given to me
by my dear mother-in-law.
She first served it to us
at a holiday meal
several years ago.

For Mr. B and I,
it was love at first bite!

It is so simple to
put together
and is soooo tasty
that it is now
the only way Mr. B will eat
cauliflower or broccoli!

You will need 1 lb
of cauliflower (or broccoli).
Mr. B's mother makes this using a whole head
of cauliflower
but I take the easy path
and use a bag of frozen cauliflower.
Place in a microwavable
casserole dish, cover
and cook, at full power, until done.
Your microwave may be different than mine,
it takes mine about 7 to 8 minutes to cook it.

While the cauliflower is cooking, gather
1 cup of mayo, 1/4 cup of dijon mustard
and about 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, shredded.
Mr. B likes marbled cheddar so that is what I use.
Mix them all together until well combined
(whose old lady hand is that??)

Take the cauliflower out of the microwave and
add the sauce mix, stirring
to get it well mixed in.
(Good lord!  Seriously, those old lady hands need a manicure!)

Cover and reheat about
2 minutes or until the
cheese is all melted.
And there you have a delicious
side dish that goes well
with ham, chicken, pork,
steaks, ice cream....um no, not ice cream,
but suffice it to say, it goes great with just about any meal!

Let me know if you try it.
I'd love to know what you think!
I'm off to get that old lady some
moisturizer for her hands!

Oh Wait!
Don't forget to come back on Tuesday
and link up your best post
of the week
at
You're Gonna Love It Tuesday's

Click here to see where I may be partying this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment