ic Test Blog: Maui Wowie

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Maui Wowie

The title of this post is 
what Mr. B said when he saw 
this table put together.
He couldn't have
described it any better!
You may recognize the tablecloth from
this post.
Yes, it's a twin sheet 
I purchased for $1.50!
I topped it with a runner from the
as is section at Ikea.
The placemats were
purchased earlier in the month 
during the I Love Thrifting Day
adventure for $1.50 for four.

I used our everyday Gibson dinner plates
topped with fun tropical fish salad plates
from Goodwill at .25 each!
The flatware is a recent
Cost Pus World Market find.
On sale and with a coupon they were
$1.04 each!

 The cute bubbly glasses 
were clearanced at the end of the 
season at Kohl's.
They have fish and dolphins on them.
And yes, they are glass, not plastic!
Simple crisp white napkins
rolled and tied with twine 
and then I hot glued a
star fish on the twine.
The centerpiece is
my tiered serving dish
from Ikea filled
with shells, sand dollars and starfish.
All were purchased on clearance
or at estate sales.
The tall candle sticks you've seen before
and were on clearance at Pier 1.

This is my favorite shell!
Look how it grew around a nail!
 Doesn't it all make you
wish to be at the white sandy beaches
of Maui?

I was lucky enough to go
to Maui some years ago
with my girlfriend Suanne.
I'd love to be able to take Mr. B there someday.

To see his face as he is greeted by 
a pretty young Hawaiian
miss as she wraps a lei
around his neck.

Someday!  
Someday he will
be able to know the true
Maui Wowie experience!


I always share my tablescapes with 
and 
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life Table Top Tuesday

Click here to see where else I may be partying this week.
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for my link party.

No comments:

Post a Comment