ic Test Blog: My Garden, My Heaven

Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Garden, My Heaven

You may remember my post from back in June when we moved the garden shed.  At the time I said I wanted to make a sign for the door of the shed.
Well, here it is almost September and I finally got one made.

We have been fixing some sections of our fence the past few years and I, very smartly, if I do say so myself, saved some of the worn fence panels.

I had Mr. B cut me a piece to the size I wanted.  Even though I have asked for my own Skil saw (and a sander!) for Christmas he's afraid I'll come in holding a finger when I use it. 
I gathered my craft paints etc. and then marked it off for my stencil.

 
And thus began my flurry of activity. I am a very impatient crafter. 
 To help speed things up, I used my trusted blow dryer.
 It helped to keep things moving along quickly.
(Oh look,that old lady's hands again!)
First line done.
On to the second line.
 And the second line completed.
I then added fee handed flowers in each corner.
I love this Polycrylic by MinWax!  
It's water based so I can clean out my brush 
and it dries super fast and crystal clear!
I  put two coats on the front and one coat on the back.
I let it dry overnight then had Mr. B attached it to the door of the shed.


I love it!  It is the perfect finishing touch 
I had wanted for my little garden shed!  
It makes me smile even more now when I go out to 
grab a shovel or the hedge trimmer.
I have more pieces of the fencing left 
and I am planning to make some more signs 
to use in the flower gardens!

Click here to see where I may be partying this week.
Sharing at Remodelaholic too
And don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.

 
Follow my blog with Bloglovin 

No comments:

Post a Comment