ic Test Blog: Some Deals This Week

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Some Deals This Week

Another hot day in Colorado.
You?
We are headed to tying or even breaking 
the record for most days in the 90's in a year.
Not a record I'm looking to acheive!

 But, neither heat, snow, sleet,
humidity or lack thereof,
will keep me from hitting a thrift store, or two!

Mr. B needed to get his inner geek on
and asked me if I wanted to go with him
to the computer supply store.

Um, as lovely as that sounded (not)
I declined and went out thrifting instead!

My first stop was ARC Thrift.
Yellow tagged items were 50% 
so I keep my eyes mostly on those tags.

This year Mr. B & I decided
to try our hand at canning.
Last weekend we tried our hand at 
our first batch of pickles.
 Only problem was, all we had
were pint jars.
We really needed quart jars.
Well well well,
what did I spy right off?
 Yep, 6 Ball & Kerr quart canning jars!
With yellow tags!
.75 each.
Into the cart they went!
We just need to get new lids and rings and
we are set to go with another batch!

My addiction to dishes is still
hanging in there. 
But seriously, could you pass up 
four of these salad plates at $1.00 each?
 I could not!

And how perfect are these
vintage sugar & creamer?
$3.50 for the pair!
The only mark on them is USA.
Had to have them!
I've already set a table using the plates 
and the sugar & creamer.
Look for it later this week.

I must of done well because when I was 
checking out with my goodies, 
the cashier was oohing and aahing
as she wrapped everything up!

I then went to the Goodwill near our house.
They have just done a remodel
and it was heaven!
Wide aisles and clean shelves.

White tags were 50% off but when I saw this,
I had to have it.
 Cute frame that I plan to 
spray paint white.
There are enough sections to spell out
Summer, Winter, Autumn and Spring!
Yes, I paid the full $4.99 for it
but I feel it was worth that!
Next to catch my eye was this
cute pitcher.
You know me and lemons!
 I also paid full price but,
$1.99? C'mon! That's thrift store
pricing like the old days right?
The last item is helping to feed another
new addiction.
I've caught cloche fever!
And it fits perfectly!
And white tag so that means it was 
only $2.00!
In a short period of time,
Mr. B got his nerd fix and 
I got my thrifting fever cooled!
For this week anyway (wink)!

Click here to see where I may be partying this week.

And don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment