ic Test Blog: Thrifty Breakfast & And Update

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Thrifty Breakfast & And Update

Thank you all for your cheery thoughts
and prayers for my health!
I was awakened at about
4:30 AM on Tuesday morning in extreme pain.
I woke up Mr. B and we went to the ER
as I had been instructed.
Several hours later and the diagnoses was
no appendicitis.
Only thing they could find was some blockage
so I was sent home with a 
citrate cocktail.
I'm still in some pain but it is diminished somewhat
and I am just hoping it all
works its way out,
if you know what I mean (wink).

Luckily, I had set the table for breakfast
over the weekend
using some of my very thrifty finds!

 The tablecloth is vinyl and 
came from Big Lots.
I started with a woven placemat
that I purchased at Goodwill
here for $2.00 for the set of four.
I then added the plates
found at Sears,
on clearance, for less than $8.00
And the rooster salad plates are the 
newest thrift find from this
past weekend thifty day
for $1.00 each!
The flatware was a gift
from Mr. B and the napkins I've had forever.
They are a perfect match to the green in the 
salad plates.
Big glasses for milk from Walmart at .79 each,
little juice glasses from Ikea,
$4.99 for 6,
and our everyday Gibson coffee mugs
finish the setting.
 The table is also set
with a large pitcher
from Goodwill several years ago
to fill with icy cold milk.
The roses sold me!
And, of course, the sugar and creamer
set also purchased
 I had to include the vintage
orange juice carafe
from the very first giveaway I entered
when I started blogging,
and WON 
over at


The centerpiece is simple.
Just my favorite clearanced rooster
from Joann's 
and a thrifted vase I spray painted
heirloom white
with some faux
late summer flowers.



I'm thinking that, once my
stomach is up to it,
this breakfast table calls for some
hearty biscuits, thick sausage gravy,
chunky applewood smoke bacon, and
homemade bread, still warm from the oven,
dripping with Saskatoon berry jam!

I always share my tablescapes with 
and 
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life Table Top Tuesday

Click here to see where else I may be partying this week.
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for my link party.

No comments:

Post a Comment