ic Test Blog: Halloween Decor

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Halloween Decor

  While I was setting up the table for 
Griselda's birthday dinner
I also decorated the buffet
in a festive manner.
On the left side 
I placed a purple glittered skull
on top of books from Goodwill.
Perfect colors and titles for the season!

The tombstone is from the Dollar Tree.

The candelabra was found at ARC Thrift.
I dripped some wax from a red candle
onto the white candles.
This is one time I did not concern myself with the candles 
being perfectly straight!
The ghouls really aren't that particular about details.
Crows are perched here and there
to watch over the birthday festivities.
The orange spidery runner
was purchased last year, on clearance,
from Big Lots.
The Witch Is In came from
Hobby Lobby several years ago.
The thrift store broom started out like this.
I pulled off the heavily glued
Christmas decorations,
spray painted it black
and sprinkled silver and purple 
glitter all over it.
Several coats of spray clear
and it was ready to gift to Griselda
for her birthday.
On the left side of the buffet
I placed a skull inside 
an estate sale purchased 
metal and glass cage.

I was able to capture some of Griselda's
pet mice and get them into the cage too.
The big rat decided he'd rather
keep watch from on top.
 All of my guests seemed to be very pleased
with the party decor.
Griselda loved her new broom,
as purple is her favorite color, and her 
centuries old one was too small and worn.
Once again, the ghouls were sure
I had cast a mystical spell
to obtain such pretty
decor at such magical prices!


 
Click here to see where I may be partying this week.

And don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment