ic Test Blog: Organizing The Bathroom Cupboards

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Organizing The Bathroom Cupboards

I am still in big time
defunktifying organizational mode!
This past week I attacked the  cupboards
and drawers in our master bathroom.
 This is my side.
There were numerous empty bottles
of various different lotions, makeup,
soaps, etc.

I took everything out and was left with
a dirty icky cupboard.
 Even after wiping it out
there was some grungy something in the back
that wouldn't come clean so,
I made a trip to Big Lots
and got some contact paper for $2.00 a roll!
The Dollar Tree is right next store to Big Lots
so I also picked up two small bins.
I measured and cut the contact paper
and laid it down.
Tip: once you have it down and 
have gotten as much of the air bubbles
out that you can,
wipe it down with a damp sponge.
It lays it down flat with no air bubbles at all!
Here is a nice and blurry after photo.
I was able to thin everything out
and everything fit into the bins I had purchased.
I did the same to the three drawers that go down the middle
of the two cabinets.
 And, with some extra bins I already had
I was able to clean our Mr. B's side too.
(The icky looking back piece there is some spare
drywall a previous owner put up
to hide some sketchy plumbing work.
It will be replaced when we can afford new cabinets.
Yeah, it bugs me too).

Cost of this project, $3.00 and, another 10 poundsish of
trash out to the bin!
This old house is getting lighter and lighter!

I actually only used one roll of the
contact paper. 
I will be using it when I do 
the guest bath and under the kitchen sink.
I am hoping that by the time I do
score a new job, I can open any cupboard or walk
into any room and know it's been certifiably de-funktified!

Click here to see where I may be partying this week.

And don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.

No comments:

Post a Comment