ic Test Blog: Recipe~Chicken In The Chips

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Recipe~Chicken In The Chips

 I believe I ordered this recipe collection
booklet from the Sunday ad inserts
many many years ago. 

It's pages are wrinkled and yellowed
from use but, it is almost like a
treasured heirloom. 
I will never part with it!
So many interesting and delicious recipes!

My very favorite is,
Chicken In The Chips.


I have been making this recipe for 25 years now!
My sons grew up on it
and it's one of Mr. B's favorites.
It is probably one of the best comfort foods
in my recipe arsenal.
Chicken, cheese, Fritos...
what is not to love about it?
Oh did I forget to mention that it's 
quick?
It's quick!

 It's a casserole you can make ahead and pop in the oven for 
a fast and satisfying dinner.
Most, if not all, of the ingredients are probably
sitting in your pantry right now!

Here's the rundown:

2 to 2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken (or, leftover Thanksgiving turkey)
1 - 10 1/2 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup picante sauce (Pace Hot really is the best!)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese
2 cups coarsely crushed Fritos (no need to go crazy here, keep the pieces recognizable)

Combine everything, saving some of the cheese and Fritos for the top. 
Mix well.
Spoon the mixture into a lightly sprayed 1 1/2 quart casserole dish and top with the saved cheese and Fritos. 
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees, for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
And enjoy!

This truly is a hearty, family-pleasing casserole!

I hope you give it a try and 
that it becomes a favorite of your family!

This post is is no way affiliated with Pace Picante Sauce or Fritos (I wish!). I just wanted to share a quick and easy recipe with you 

Click here to see where I may be partying this week.

And don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment