ic Test Blog: Wedding Brunch Tablescape

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wedding Brunch Tablescape

Have I mentioned my oldest son is getting
married soon??
Only like 20 zillion times right? LOL!

I know that when we get there it will be very hectic
so, I set a table with some of my 
most precious pieces, pieces that may belong to my son and
his beautiful wife someday.
A table for us, in my imagination, to sit at and
enjoy each others company
before the festivities begin.
 Many of the dishes were inherited or gifts.
Most special to me are
the Epiag dinner plates
I inherited from my mother when she passed.

They were passed down to her from her grandmother.
My great-grandmother, my son's great-great grandmother!
They are topped with my favorite collectible,
a Candlewick salad plate.
The gold plated flatware was a Christmas gift
from my parents when I was a young girl.
Remember when we older gals had hope chests?
This was for me to put into my hope chest.
 I know my future daughter will be using
the color purple so I used a pale lavender charger
and purple napkins.

I folded the napkins to look like roses in bloom
and placed them in crystal goblets.
A lovely gift from Mr. B.
The centerpiece is a large champagne glass
filled with purple potpourri and white roses.
The bridal bouquet will be white roses.
The two tall candlesticks were a gift,many years ago,
  from my son. 
I just love them and use them often.
 The smaller candle holders are actually 
glass light shades, found thrifting, placed on a
Candlewick dessert plate.
A bridal white tablecloth and
a burlap runner keep it simple,
yet elegant.

A table set to honor my beloved son and our shared past
as he begins his exciting future
with his beautiful bride.
The day will bring to light the fact that my son is grown up. 
I know he’s been grown up for a while, but 
 it’s a completely different feeling when one of your children is married.
Now before I tear up again, join me as we toast the bride and groom!



I always share my tables with 
and 
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life Table Top Tuesday

Click here to see where else I may be partying this week.
AND
Don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for my link party.

No comments:

Post a Comment