ic Test Blog: My Dirty Little Secret

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Dirty Little Secret

Now that I find myself
with time on my hands
I decided it was past time
to whip this house back into shape.

One of the most embarrassing rooms
is the second guest bedroom/ my craft stash room.
At one time this room was my office.
We thought we needed two guest rooms more.
So, that is what it became.
 Now, anything that we can't find a home
for right away, gets thrown into this room.
(ooh a Michael's coupon. Expiration date, 3/13/2012)
Everything from crafts to crap
finds its way here.
Shoved and pigeoned-hole
wherever it can be stashed.
 
We call this room 
The Budgie Room 
because we have some vintage 
bird art on one wall.
 Most of the time, should we have guests,
we put them up in the main guest bedroom
and shut the door tightly on this eyesore.
Out of sight, out of mind right?

The only saving grace for this room
is that the daybed and dresser
were Craigslist finds.

It was time to roll up my sleeves
and make this room liveable again.

I emptied out the dresser and the closet.
I very carefully threw everything
into piles that only I understood.
Believe it or not,
I actually considered this photo
as progress!

I once told my youngest son,
sometimes things have to get real messy
before you can see the beauty.

An hour and a half later
this is the beauty that I found.
 One large bag of trash.

I was ruthless and if I didn't
love it or need it,
into the bag it went.
Everything now has a place.
I can actually find what I need
should I decide to tackle a craft.

Of course, not is all as it seems.
I need to discuss with Mr. B
what we are doing with the non-functioning printer
and the rest of this side of the room.

Good news is though, you can't see this
side of the room from the hallway
and, it will soon find new homes
(or the trashbin).

So, I can keep the door open,
let the sunshine in,
and, it can actually be used 
for its intended purpose,
a second guest room!

Well, until the day comes when I decide
to convert it back into an office for me that is :-)


Don't forget to take advantage of my
Ad Space Sale  

Going on now!

Regularly $10.00 on sale now for 

$5.00!
There are only a few spots left! 
 
And don't forget to come by on Tuesday's
for the link party.

Pin It


No comments:

Post a Comment